At the Tar Heel Motel, we understand that your dog is part of the family! We’re thrilled to be a pet-friendly motel and welcome dogs in selected rooms. In order to ensure that all of our visitors have an enjoyable stay, we ask that guests traveling with their four-legged friends sign the policy below upon check-in.
By bringing my pet to the Tar Heel Motel, I agree to the following:
- I understand that only two pets are allowed per guest room.
- My pet’s vaccinations are up-to-date and he or she is free of fleas or ticks.
- My pet is well-socialized with people and other animals.
- My pet is not aggressive.
- I agree to clean up after my pet and properly dispose of any waste.
- I understand that my pets are not allowed on the furniture.
- My pet will be with me and under my care at all times, and not left unattended on the property.
- I agree to hang a ‘Pets are Welcome’ door hanger on my door at all times while my pet is inside. I understand that Housekeeping will not enter my room with an unattended pet inside. My pet must be restrained or removed from guest room while hotel staff is present working in room.
- My pet will be on a leash with a maximum range of six feet or in a carrier at all times when outside of the room.
- I understand that a non-refundable pet charge of $25 per night will be charged upon check-in. I further understand that this fee does not include any additional costs which may result from damage or need for excessive cleaning of soiled linens, carpeting or furniture.
- I am aware that an additional charge will apply if excessive cleaning is necessary. I also agree that the condition of the room is based on the sole judgment of management upon my departure.
- As a pet owner, I am liable for any disturbances my pet causes to guests staying at the Tar Heel Motel. I understand that a charge of up to $500 may be applied to any disturbances. On the second incident of a reported disturbance, the Tar Heel Motel may ask for the pet to be removed from property.
- I understand that my dog is not permitted at the motel pool.
- The Tar Heel Motel is not liable for any injury suffered by pet while on hotel premises.
- I accept full responsibility for any liability arising from my pet, including pet damage or personal injury to hotel, hotel staff, guest, third party or property.
- I acknowledge that I have been informed of the Tar Heel Motel’s pet-friendly policies and procedures. I am aware that I may be responsible for additional fees if damage, excessive noise and/or flea infestation occurs during my stay.